Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Preparing for battle

Well looks like I'll be battening down the hatches for October and making what I hope will be the final assault on my book. I am very much heartened by your support; I am amazed that after all this time, anyone has any faith in my finishing the thing. I am hoping to get everything else finished and up to date between now and Sunday (which is the 1st, I know, but if I start then I start a few days ahead of the plot).

I think I should be all right. I think the pressure might help me to be stricter with myself. One of the problems I have with over-exertion is my attempts to do several different things at once. It seems my expectations have never adjusted to my limited capacity. However, if for six weeks I only allow myself to do this one thing, I might find it easier to rest and pace myself.

Shan't give up blogging for six weeks. Habits may change, but I'll work something out. In the meantime there are a couple of things I want to get out of my system. Not today though; the living room floor is strewn with MDF, hessian and pots of paint. I have a little job to do...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

best of luck on that final push!

marmiteboy said...

Good luck Ms G.

Looking forward to reading the finished tome.